Strawberry tattoos are not just playful elements of tattoo art, or just another design in a tattoo album. They represent a variety of ideas and symbols that began centuries ago. In modern context, they are exponents of feminism, seduction, and fertility. However, there is a lot more to strawberries than meets the eye. Here’s something you didn’t know about the tattoos that represent this luscious fruit.
Strawberries have a story that goes way back in time. One may think that it is a relatively new concept introduced in the field of tattoo art and design; but it is a representation of different cultures and traditions, and is highly symbolic of several age-old beliefs. Strawberry tattoos have now gained much popularity especially among women.
- These tattoos are a symbol of love and playfulness, and are therefore, an ideal choice for those seeking love. Even for women who want to portray their love for their partner may get this tattoo.
- Strawberries have also earned themselves the title of ‘aphrodisiacs’, as they were an important ingredient in the meals of newlyweds, in olden days in France.
- As playful as they are assumed to be, strawberries also propound fidelity and honesty.
- Strawberry tattoos portray absolute purity, as strawberries have been said to be pure enough to be offered to Virgin Mary.
It is remarkable how a mere tattoo can symbolize so many things at once. You can wear it and give out the vibe you seek, and the possibility of it being misunderstood is rare, because a strawberry tattoo is so versatile.
How and where you wear a strawberry tattoo is perhaps, a portrayal of the message you’re attempting to give through it.
- Wear a lonely strawberry to project your feminism. Though single, its bright and bold color add a spark to your personality.
- You can be
So, you have finally decided to get inked, but are wondering what kind of tattoo to go for? There are many designs available all around you. I will, however, suggest that you design your tattoo yourself to bring uniqueness to it.
- It is always good to have a design which reflects your personality and who you are. Therefore, you might need some time to decide the design for your tattoo.
- It is important that you decide what your body art should stand for. Do you want it to commemorate a particular event, some celebration, or a special person? Or are you getting inked just for the fun of it?
- Now, sit silently and think of what images come to your mind. It may be some flower, leaves, the initials of your beloved, or maybe your own initials. If you want to commemorate the death of a person, a suggestion would be to design a tattoo with the name of the person on the petals of a flower.
- After your design has been finalized, you can get a temporary tattoo made so that you know that your design is good enough to be made into a permanent motif on your skin.
- Feminine Designs:
Since time immemorial, ‘delicateness’ has been associated with women. Some of the designs for girls are flowers, fairies, butterflies, dolphins, and hearts. Select a beautiful, adorable tattoo which will suit your personality well.
- Designs For Lower Back:
Lower back tattoos are very popular as they accentuate feminine beauty and, at the same time look sensuous. You can choose to combine a number of patterns to make a design for the lower back. You can make use of Celtic designs, flowers, Celtic butterflies, and tribal patterns. These were some of the conventional designs, but you can definitely come
Initially, tattoos were considered by those tough people who could bear the pain inflicted by its process. However, its smart and stylish look has made it popular among everyone. Many people wish to get one, but are unable to do so due to the pain involved in the process. An airbrush tattoo is the best option for such crazy fans.
These are the temporary ones that last for about a week or a fortnight. They are waterproof, but can be removed instantly with baby oil.
Contents of This Kit
- Airbrush: It is a small spraying device that is used to apply or fill in the color in the tattoo. These devices work on either single action or double action mechanism. In single action mechanism, the air and paint flow together in the airbrush and onto the target surface. It is the simplest and the cheapest type of airbrush. In double action mechanism, the flow of paint and air are monitored separately, which offers the artist an independence of varying the paint texture, especially for more detailed and shading work. The airbrush needs an explicit source of air for its operation; this explicit source is called an air compressor. A suitable air compressor is chosen depending on the requirements of the tattooist.
- Stencils: A stencil is the design to be tattooed. The design is cut into a piece of plastic, which is held on the skin as a sample template. A stencil is reusable and many of them can be used together to create a bigger design.
- Artwork: These are sample designs that are not cut out like the stencils. They are hung over the wall for copying the design in the tattoo. The advantage of an artwork over a stencil is that the image in an artwork can be
Sculpting is the art of making a three-dimensional object. It is an ancient form of art which has been in existence from the time of old world civilizations. In the ancient times, the purpose of sculpting a figure was not just artistic escapades, but also for decorations or to appease the high and mighty. If you study the ancient civilizations, you will realize that sculpting was a part of their architecture. The rich history behind their sculptures has acted as inspiration for many modern sculptors. Unlike other forms of arts like music, painting, poetry, literature etc., sculptures are made to last. In fact, some sculptures especially made from rock and stone have withstood the test of time. The oldest sculpture in the world is a female figurine which was carbon dated and found to be 35,000 years old. This sculpture was recovered along with some carving tools (made of bones, stones and ivory) from a cave in Germany. Below are some sculpture designs that you can use to make your own art piece.
I don’t think there is a child in this world who doesn’t love to build and break things. Building new things shouldn’t be just limited to making greeting cards and paper crafts. With the help of their parents, they can easily create a useful piece of art and decorate their room, or better gift it to their grandparents.
- Big balloon
- Plastic cups
- Water bowl
- Cardboard scraps
- Paint and brush
- Black and white colored paper
- Vinyl tape
First, blow up the balloon and tie it with a knot. Then, take four plastic cups and tape them to the balloon such that they look like the legs of the piggy. A fifth cup should be cut into half to be used as the nose of the pig, then attach
There are so many fun things to do on a beach, it’s one place where you’ll never get bored! Making sand castles is a favorite activity when it comes to kids. Almost anytime you visit the beach, you can see someone making things out of the sand. Be it sand castles or sand sculptures, the beauty of these things cannot be denied. Building sand castles is comparatively easier, and a bucket and a spade will suffice. But making a sand sculpture is slightly more tricky and time-consuming, requires more tools, and demands a lot of patience and perseverance. This article will give you some tips on making sand sculptures, and the tools required for making them.
- Sharpers (they come in small, medium, and large sizes, and you can choose one depending on the scale of your sculpture)
- Scrapers (they too, come in all three sizes)
- Sand Wedge Hoe
- A scoop
- A straw or a soft brush
You also get ready-made kits of sand sculpting tools, complete with a manual on the use of each instrument, which saves time and gives you all the tools you will require. Buying a kit is much simpler than assembling the tools separately. You can keep adding to the kit if you find new and interesting tools.
Using the Tools
- It is important to remember, that the skill in making sculptures lies in the lightness of your touch and the intricacy of the details, so make you sure you use the tools properly. The best thing to do is to maintain a feather light touch on your tools while using them on the heap of sand, and remember not to start carving your sculpture as if you are carving a turkey!
- Another important point to keep in mind is that, it’s always better to use the tools
In Japanese language, the art of making paper planes is known as kami hikouki. It is one of the paper crafts which is easy for kids to learn. The designs of paper planes could range from simple ones that are completed in 5 steps to advanced paper gliders.
The steps that need to follow for making a paper airplane are explained below.
- To make the plane, one will require a sheet of paper that measures 8.5″x11″.
- The paper should be folded in such a manner that the top edge of paper is aligned with the left side. The paper should be creased and then unfolded back to the original shape. The same process should be followed on the right side.
- The top corners should again be folded, so that they meet the bottom of the folds made earlier.
- One will see that an X-shape is formed by the creasing caused by earlier folds. The top portion of this ‘X’ should be made to touch the bottom.
- After creasing, the paper should be unfolded. With the help of the previous fold, the sides of the paper need to be brought to the center, while the top portion to the bottom. These folds need not be unfolded.
- A triangle-shaped fold formed by the paper can be seen with 2 sides, i.e., the right and left. Both the sides should be folded one after the other in such a manner that they touch the top.
- The bottom edge of the right triangle should be brought parallel to the central line.
- The top portion of the paper plane should be pushed below the previous/earlier fold.
- After all these steps, the top portion should again be folded backwards.
- The last step is to fold the bottom edge in such a manner that it is aligned with the upper paper
Making paper hats is one of the easiest and quickest arts and crafts projects. These hats are worn for many parties, but to give yours a unique look, you can try out different decorating ideas. But first of all, one needs to learn the base of creating paper hats.
The things you need to make paper hats are just old newspaper sheets, sticky tape, a pair of scissors, and stuff to decorate which we will discuss in the later part of the article. Here are the basic steps to make a party hat out of paper.
- Depending upon how many hats you are interested in making, grab the sheets of newspaper. If you wish to make a big hat, then take a long joined sheet of newspaper which has a fold in the middle. If you wish to make a smaller hat, then tear the two joined sheets with a scissors. Hold one page of the paper vertically, and fold it in the middle as shown in the picture below.
- Smooth out the newspaper fold with your hands. In this step, you need to make two equal folds on the sheet of newspaper. Like shown in the picture below, fold the two edges of the newspaper in the middle equally. Make sure that there is enough leftover bands at the bottom of these folds.
- Now, like shown in the picture below, fold the bottom bands of the newspaper hat upwards. Repeat the folding of the band on the backside too. Your paper hat is almost ready, but follow the last step to secure it properly.
- Unroll the sticky tape, and cut out two small pieces of it with